Please join us on Monday, January 18th from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the North Helpline Food Bank as we gather together with other neighborhood congregations (Wedgwood Community, Sandpoint United Methodist and Maple Leaf Lutheran Churches) for a day of service and giving to our community.The projects:
- Bagging – There will be bulk rice and beans at the food bank which need to be repackaged into household sized servings. It’s a simple but very necessary task which people of all ages can do.
- Building – We will be installing as many as four folding benches in the area where clients line up before entering the food bank. The wait can sometimes be difficult – particularly on the days set aside for elderly and disabled clients – so we will be installing benches for people to use while they wait. The waiting area also serves as a driveway so the benches must fold to be out of the way of vehicle traffic. Andy and a few Wedgwood Presbyterian friends are prepping and building the benches that day.
Ways you can help:
- Donate – Your contributions will be used to purchase supplies to build the benches which cost about $425 each. Funds not used for bench materials will be given to the North Helpline to purchase rice and beans for us to repackage on the 18th. Please mark our donations “Day of Service” and we will use the funds for the projects.
- Serve – Meet us at North Helpline (12736 33rd Ave NE, Seattle) on Monday, January 18 at 3pm to help us bag up the beans and rice (and do other odd jobs to help the food bank.) Please sign up in the Fireside Room if you will be there so we can tell the food bank how many people to expect. Please dress warmly as the warehouse can be chilly!
- Celebrate – Join us after the service project at about 5:30 PM at the Wedgwood Alehouse (back “Family Room,” so all ages are welcome, 8515 35th Ave NE, Seattle) for a no-host dinner for all four churches to celebrate service and community. Again, it would be helpful (but not necessary) to know how many people will attend the dinner. Please sign-up in the Fireside Room or email Pastor Karen to let us know.
Questions? Please see or email Pastor Karen.