Wedgwood Presbyterian Church is a diverse congregation in many ways. We hold a variety of theological beliefs and do not all stand on the same point on the political spectrum, but we respect the wisdom and insight each person holds and enjoy being together. We value hospitality, justice, and grace. We place a high priority on the intergenerational nature of our congregation, and we look for ways to connect people of all ages and to provide opportunities for them to lead in worship, service, and education.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- Wedgwood Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) is a family of God joined in worship and service. We are a neighborhood church, welcoming all whom Christ calls.
- We are a community of faith, empowered by the Holy Spirit, with Jesus Christ as our foundation. In response to God’s call and love for us, we worship God, teach the Gospel, pray together, nurture each other, serve our community and the world, and use our diverse talents to show God’s reconciling love.
- All ages are welcomed and needed in our mission and ministry. We value youth as contributors to all aspects of our life together and serve them through extensive fellowship and education programs. Our older members contribute the wisdom of experience, and we support them through life’s transitions. We have education classes for all age groups and cherish intergenerational events. We gather annually for a whole-church retreat to build and refresh our connections.
- We focus our mission efforts locally but also support mission causes around the world. We are especially led to express the love of Christ through ministry to basic human needs, contributing hands-on efforts as well as money. Our congregation affirms the Commitment to Peacemaking of the Presbyterian Peacemaking Program.
- We look forward with excitement and faith, knowing as Presbyterians that we are reformed and always being reformed according to God’s Word. We seek growth in numbers and in service, while maintaining the close personal ties that make our church precious.